The Veatch Program funds organizations that support the work of social justice, foster the growth and development of Unitarian Universalism, and increase involvement in the congregation’s efforts towards social change. We fund organizations at the national and local level, as well as those working in both rural and urban settings. We prioritize funds for organizations engaged in integrated voter engagement, social and economic justice, and those building power through integrated state-based strategies. We also partner with several donor pools and re-granting organizations as a way to extend the resources and reach of Veatch.
We fund our work throughout six program areas:
- Unitarian Universalism: Supporting the strength and growth of our denomination.
- Civil Rights & Sustainable Communities: Shoring up civil rights, constitutional rights and environmental justice.
- Economic equity and fairness: Expanding economic equity, democracy, and worker rights.
- Making democracy work: Ensuring equal representation through electoral participation, community organizing, and democrtatic engagement.
- New York: Building power in our home state, New York, specifically on Long Island.
- Social justice Infrastructure: Creating capacity, informed public discourse, and supporting progressive philanthropy.
For a list of current grantees, see our annual report. [Link to annual report]Due to our commitment to long term funding, we unfortunately cannot accept unsolicited proposals and letters of inquiry. We fund two regranting programs that have rolling applications: