In Home Assistance
Community Resource Outreach *
NASSAU COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE AGING
- Adult Day Care programs - Socialization, nutrition, personal care. Individual care plans for frail older adults in a supervised setting, which provides a break to caregivers. A voluntary contribution is encouraged, but there is no fee for services. Nassau County residents 60+ years of age or needing supervision due to cognitive impairment are eligible.
- EISEP Expanded In-home Services for the Elderly Program An individual’s needs, abilities, preferences are identified and a care plan developed. There is ongoing monitoring to ensure the plan is adequate and he/she is residing safely in the community. Those 60+, impaired in activities of daily living (bathing, meal shopping and preparation, housekeeping, etc) and able to be maintained safely at home are included for these services (not Medicaid recipients).
- Case Management Helps older persons and their families secure services and benefits.
- Ancillary Services Flexible category of non-medical services, items/goods intended to provide those in need of long term care with the ability to remain safely in the community. Services may include repair or modification of an individual's home.
UNITED WAY OF LONG ISLAND
www.unitedwayli.org or 211longisland.org
Connects Long Island residents to health and human resources for need on a daily basis and also need during a disaster. Project Warmth provides heat in cold weather. 1.888.774.7633
SELFHELP COMMUNITY SERVICES
www.selfhelp.net or email
Offers a robust network of support and access to social services for older adults. Specific programs serving Holocaust survivors, as well as affordable apartments and naturally occurring retirement communities in Queens and LI. Operates NY Connects in Queens and an Alzheimer's Social Adult Day Program. 212.971.7600
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S ASSOCIATION
Provide services that maximize independence, improving overall quality of life, programs include in-home assistance, caregivers support, friendly visits. 516.746.0350
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES OF NASSAU COUNTY
https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1438/Aging | 526.227.8579
LI COUNCIL OF CHURCHES
The Council coordinates the ecumenical work of LI churches. Assistance providing mortgage, rental, utilities, transportation, and prescriptions through Emergency Food and Family Support Programs. 516.565.0290
JEWISH ASSOCIATION SERVING THE AGED
JASA’s support services, interventions and partnerships provide autonomy for older adults to remain in their homes and communities. JASA operates ten affordable housing properties, is a licensed home care agency and offers a breadth of integrative services citywide spanning free legal services, health and mental health services, home- delivered meals, social programming at senior centers and community trainings on elder abuse, peer health support, caregiver assistance and more. 212.273.5200
EMPOWER, ASSIST, CARE NETWORK (EAC), Hempstead
A diverse social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for people in need across Long Island. 516.539.0150
2-1-1 LONG ISLAND CALL CENTER
A free and confidential helpline that easily links people to services such as food, clothing and shelter, legal services, drug treatment, and more. Available 24/7. 1-888-774-7633
* Information is offered as a guide, not an endorsement or guarantee. Contact agency, see website, or speak with an advisor for the most complete and current information.